New Lawyer Training Program 2016
The Fundamentals of Practice in Orange County
August 5 & 6, 2016
Recipient of The Florida Bar's
Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism
2016 Group Professionalism Award
Law school prepared you for the bar exam.
The OCBA will prepare you to practice law!
In this dynamic, intensive two-day training program designed especially for young lawyers, participants will learn from the experts how to navigate the court system and practice with professionalism - and success - in Orange County.
Participants will meet key players in the offices of the Clerk of Courts,
Public Defender, and State Attorney. In addition, they will get to meet the judges
before having to appear before them and ask questions of some of the most well-respected and successful lawyers in Central Florida.
These practical sessions - and much more - will help new attorneys become
professional, confident, and successful practitioners in Orange County and beyond!
If you are a new lawyer - this program is for you!
(CLE: 8.0, including 2.5 ethics)
Navigating the Courts in the Ninth Judicial Circuit
August 5, 2016
8:00 a.m-7:00 p.m.
* Tour the Orange County Courthouse
* Learn about circuit civil, business, domestic and criminal courts and the types of
* Learn about e-filing
* Join judicial assistants for tips on scheduling hearings, filing notices, and communicating with judges
* Understand the implications of professionalism and ethics in practice
Starting Your Own Firm: the Nuts and Bolts
Aug 6, 2016
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
* Learn how to establish a successful solo practice
* Hear about the pros and cons of forming a partnership
* Learn about insurance needs, protecting assets, and trust accounting
* Find out about practice management resources and legal research in the digital age
Course fee: Student or Current Member $175; Non-member $195
Includes breakfasts, lunches, and receptions
Includes OCBA student membership, valid through May 31, 2016
Must be made in full at time of registration
(No refunds after July 15, 2016)
Registration deadline: Aug. 3, 2016
To register: Register online or download the application in Quick Links above.
For more information: Contact Karen Fast, Strategic Marketing & Membership Manager, at 407-422-4551, ext. 225, or by email.