The OCBA is committed to providing services to the community through a wide variety of programs. It is part of our mission to engage with members of our community in need of legal services and material support.
- Our Young Lawyers Section (YLS) holds numerous events throughout the year that benefit school children. For example, YLS members support teachers and students at Rock Lake Elementary School by holding a drive for school supplies or making a monetary donation each fall. The proceeds of many YLS events help fund an annual scholarship to our local community college to a deserving high school student. Students go through a rigorous screening process, including an academic review and a needs-based assessment.
- The OCBA’s Paralegal Section hosts an annual holiday party and collects toys through the Toys for Tots program. To see boxes and bags of holiday gifts under the tree, ready to be distributed to kids in need, is fulfilling for members and a delight for the recipients.
- The OCBA Foundation participates in the statewide Justice Teaching Program and Orange County Public Schools AVID program. OCBA members donate their time by visiting schools to teach students at all grade levels about how our government works and the importance of participating in our democratic process.
- The free community service programs OCBA members participate in through the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Inc. are too numerous to mention. We encourage you to visit the Legal Aid Society website to see the many outreach activities.
- OCBA attorneys, judges, and other legal professionals freely donate their time, talents, and enthusiasm to help our community become stronger, more knowledgeable about the law, and aware of the many ways the legal community supports their needs.