Join the Orange County Bar Association
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Orange County Bar Association! Membership offers numerous opportunities for professionals to stay connected to the local legal community and to further their practice and career.
The OCBA membership year runs from June 1 through May 31.
Why Join the OCBA?
- 8 complimentary luncheons for you to build your referral network and interact with the judiciary.
- Continuing legal education sessions and webinars, many of which are free to members.
- Business referrals through the OCBA’s Lawyer Referral and Information Service for participating attorneys at a reduced fee.
- The Briefs magazine containing important practical law articles and resources.
- Access to 23 different substantive law committees where you can connect with and learn from peers practicing the same type of law.
- …and more! Click here to access and see our full member benefits page.
How Much are Dues?
Dues range based on membership type and other factors. Please click here to see our Membership Levels page for more information.
New Member Discount! We offer a discounted rate of $125 for regular members who are in their first year of OCBA membership. We also offer this special discounted rate to government attorneys on an ongoing basis.
Monthly Installment Payment Option. For information regarding our monthly installment payment option click here.
What is the Pro Bono Service Requirement?
The OCBA is proud that our members are dedicated to provide access to justice for those who are less fortunate. As a condition of membership, attorney members are required to accept two (2) pro bono cases per year from the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Inc., or pay afee of $350 to the Legal Aid Society in lieu thereof.
Attorneys who are not able to take on pro bono cases for various reasons (such as government attorneys or in-house counsel) are still able to participate by participating in various volunteer projects. While these types of attorneys get preference for non-case project assignments, but all OCBA members are eligible for these options. See the Legal Aid Society of the OCBA’s Pro Bono Brochure for more information.
How Can I Join?
You may join the OCBA by mail or through our online form.
If you were previously an OCBA member and would like to rejoin, please contact our Membership Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 407-422-4551 x 245,
Please note: Annual Membership Renewal has begun. If you have any questions regarding your membership renewal please contact Carolyn at the email or phone number above.