The Orange County Bar Association Foreclosure Mediation Program is a court-approved program that brings residential homeowners in Orange County and lenders together, with a trained, impartial mediator to try and help the parties reach a fair, negotiated agreement to the foreclosure case.
Do I qualify to participate in this program?
- Homeowner’s Information – FAQs
- Homeowner’s Information – FAQs – Spanish
- Homeowner’s Request to Participate
The homeowner must pay $250 to participate in the program. The services and benefits you will receive include:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to proceed through mediation.
- Complimentary information seminar and workshop presented by a defense attorney who will answer questions.
- Contact information for the lender and no more endless voice mails.
- Education on what documents are needed for mediation and how to obtain them.
- Information on Legal Aid and other options for obtaining legal representation before, during, or after the mediation. (Hiring an attorney is optional and is at your own expense.)
- A meeting with the lender’s authorized representative at the mediation session.
- Assurance that you have explored every option, such as loan modifications, refinancing options, short sales, and other ways to avoid foreclosure.
- Complete confidentiality.
Homeowners may pay by cash, money order, or PayPal. If you are paying by cash or money order, please bring payment to the OCBA offices, or mail your money order to: OCBA Orange County Bar Foreclosure Mediation Program, 880 North Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801.