News from The Florida Bar
AVOIDING FRAUDULENT EMAIL PURPORTING TO BE FROM THE FLORIDA BAR:
A legitimate Florida Bar email that requests a payment will always:
- be from an @floridabar.org email address,
- ask Bar members to log in to the secure MyFloridaBar Members Portal with their user name and password to make any payments, and
- include a Bar department name, email address and phone number
General Advice to Avoid Email Scams and Spoofing
When you receive a suspicious email:
- Do not enter any private information,
- Do not click on any links within the email and do not hover your mouse over any Microsoft PowerPoint presentation or attachments, and
- Never provide banking information in an email.
To verify an email that appears suspicious but is purportedly from someone you know, separately contact the sender by phone or email.