News from The Florida Bar
Sat Jun 17 2017 \ by PaperStreet Web Design\ News \ Share
AVOIDING FRAUDULENT EMAIL PURPORTING TO BE FROM THE FLORIDA BAR:
A legitimate Florida Bar email that requests a payment will always:
- be from an @floridabar.org email address,
- ask Bar members to log in to the secure MyFloridaBar Members Portal with their user name and password to make any payments, and
- include a Bar department name, email address and phone number
Still not sure? Call The Florida Bar’s Membership Records Department: 1-800-342-8060, ext. 5832, or 850-561-5832.
General Advice to Avoid Email Scams and Spoofing
When you receive a suspicious email:
- Do not enter any private information,
- Do not click on any links within the email and do not hover your mouse over any Microsoft PowerPoint presentation or attachments, and
- Never provide banking information in an email.
To verify an email that appears suspicious but is purportedly from someone you know, separately contact the sender by phone or email.
Florida Bar members can access security awareness tips and other practice management assistance at pri.floridabar.org or by calling the Practice Resource Institute at 850-561-5616.