New Lawyer Training Program 2018
The Fundamentals of Practice in Orange County
August 3 & 4, 2018
Enroll online by August 1, 2018
Recipient of The Florida Bar’s Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism 2016 Group Professionalism Award
Law school prepared you for the bar exam. The OCBA will prepare you to practice law!
In this dynamic, intensive two-day training program designed especially for young lawyers, participants will learn from the experts how to navigate the court system and practice with professionalism – and success – in Orange County.
Participants will meet key players in the offices of the Clerk of Courts, Public Defender, and State Attorney. In addition, they will get to meet the judges before having to appear before them and ask questions of some of the most well-respected and successful lawyers in Central Florida.
These practical sessions – and much more – will help new attorneys become professional, confident, and successful practitioners in Orange County and beyond!
If you are a new lawyer – this program is for you!
CLE: 7.0, including 2.5 ethics
Navigating the Courts in the Ninth Judicial Circuit
August 3, 2018
8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
- Tour the Orange County Courthouse
- Learn about circuit civil, business, domestic and criminal courts and the types of cases handled
- Learn about e-filing
- Join judicial assistants for tips on scheduling hearings, filing notices, and communicating with judges
- Understand the implications of professionalism and ethics in practice…and more!
Starting Your Own Firm: the Nuts and Bolts
Aug 4, 2018
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Learn how to establish a successful solo practice
- Hear about the pros and cons of forming a partnership
- Learn about insurance needs, protecting assets, and trust accounting
- Find out about practice management resources and legal research in the digital age…and more!
Course fee: Student or current member $175; Non-member $195; non-member $195
- Includes breakfasts, lunches, and receptions
- Includes OCBA student membership, valid through May 31, 2019
Payment: Must be made in full at time of registration (No refunds after July 15, 2018)
Registration deadline: Aug. 1, 2017
To register: Register online or download the application.
For details about New Lawyer Training Program, contact our Marketing & Programs Department.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, contact our Advertising & Sponsorship Department.