New Lawyer Training Program
** NOTICE: The 2020 program has been modified due to COVID-19 **
Date: September 11, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sponsored by Seacoast Bank, Clio and Recovery Solutions
This program consists of a live 4.5-hour virtual webinar, in addition to several pre-recorded CLE sessions on various topics.
4.5-Hour Live Virtual Program Topics:
- Welcome from Chief Judge Donald Myers, Jr.
- Making the Leap into Solo Practice
- Marketing Your Law Firm
- Roundtable Discussions with Seasoned Practitioners: Q&A and Career Advice
- Business Banking Tips from Seacoast Bank
Recorded Session Topics (Tentative):
- Clerk of Courts Tips and Updates
- Virtual Hearing Etiquette
- Judicial Assistant Tips for Hearing Scheduling, Notices and Judicial Communications
- Best Practices of County Court / Circuit Civil
- Best Practices for Dissolution of Marriage & Domestic Violence Hearings
- Best Practices for Criminal Defense and Plea Bargaining
- Practical Tips to Avoid a Bar Grievance
- The Ins and Outs of Mediation
- Technology and Practice Resource Tips
Students receive membership to the OCBA.
OCBA members are eligible to participate in the OCBA’s Mentoring Program at no additional cost! Student participants from Central Florida are also eligible to participate in the Young Lawyers Section Mentoring Program.
The Fundamentals of Practice
In this dynamic, intensive training program designed especially for young lawyers, participants will learn from the experts on how to navigate the court system and practice with professionalism and success. These practical sessions – and much more – will help new attorneys become professional, confident, and successful practitioners in Orange County and beyond.
Sponsors to date include: