New Lawyer Training Program
Date: Friday, August 12 & Saturday, August 13, 2022
This dynamic, intensive two-day training program designed especially for young lawyers, participants will learn from the experts on how to navigate the court system and practice with professionalism and success. These practical sessions – and much more – will help new attorneys become professional, confident, and successful practitioners in Orange County and beyond. This program provides up to 11 hours of CLE credit and breakfast, lunch and all educational materials are included.
Day 1 – Practicing in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Orange County Courthouse (location may change due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Welcome and Introduction to the Courthouse
- Tour of the Orange County Courthouse
- Judicial Assistant Panel Lunch and Learn: Hearing Scheduling, Notices, and Judicial Communications
- Best Practices of County Court / How It’s Different from Circuit Court
- Courtroom Etiquette
- Best Practices for Circuit Civil and Business Court
- Best Practices for Private Criminal Defense & Plea Bargaining
- Family Law Part I:
- Best Practices for Dissolution of Marriage & Domestic Violence Hearings
- Family Law Part II: Advanced Tips
Day 2 – Practicing Law: The Nuts and Bolts
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Orange County Bar Association Center
- About the Young Lawyers Section of the OCBA and OCBA Programs
- OCBA Mentoring Program Information
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility: Practical Tips to Avoid a Bar Grievance
- Tips for the Solo Practitioner
- The Ins and Outs of Mediation
- Marketing Your Law Firm
- Trust Accounting, Insurance and Banking
“Incredibly helpful. The information I’ve learned is priceless. Coming in and being able to network on an intimate level which is vital to our profession was eye-opening.”
“Attending was the best decision for someone like me who will be opening his/her own law firm in the next two months.”
Program Fee – Early Bird Discount Ends June 15!
- Student: $125 (OCBA student membership included)
- OCBA Members: $150 – After June 15, 2022: $175
- Non-members: $175 – After June 15, 2022: $195
Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel prior to 7 days before the event will receive a full refund minus a $25 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received 7 to 0 days prior to the event. A copy of all handouts and session recordings will be provided if available.
Scholarships Available for Law Students
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsor iWorkspaces, we will be offering a limited number of 100% scholarships for law students to attend our signature New Lawyer Training Program. Applications are due by July 1, 2022.
You will be contacted after July 1, 2022 with the status of your application for a scholarships. Scholarship Application: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sv/8u3g26M/NLTP2022
OCBA members are eligible to participate in the OCBA’s Mentoring Program at no additional cost! Student participants from Central Florida are also eligible to participate in the Young Lawyers Section Mentoring Program.
If you would like to sponsors this event please contact Ursla Gallagher.
Thank you to the following sponsors: