New Lawyer Training Program
**The New Lawyer Training Program previously scheduled for August 7-8, 2020 has been postponed until September 11, 2020 due to COVID-19 and the postponement of the Florida Bar exam to late August.
** NOTICE: The 2020 program has been modified due to COVID-19 **
Date: September 11, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sponsored by Seacoast Bank, Clio and Recovery Solutions
This program consists of a live 4-hour virtual webinar, in addition to several pre-recorded CLE sessions on various topics.
New Lawyer Training Program Details – Law school prepared you for the bar exam. The OCBA will prepare you to practice law!
Students receive membership to the OCBA. Everyone gets paired with a mentor!
The Fundamentals of Practice in Orange County
In this dynamic, intensive training program designed especially for young lawyers, participants will learn from the experts on how to navigate the court system and practice with professionalism and success in Orange County. Participants will meet key players in the offices of the Clerk of Courts, Public Defender, and State Attorney. In addition, they will meet the judges and ask questions of some of the most well-respected and successful lawyers in Central Florida. These practical sessions – and much more – will help new attorneys become professional, confident, and successful practitioners in Orange County and beyond.
Navigating the Courts in the Ninth Judicial Circuit
- Learn about circuit civil, business, domestic and criminal courts and the types of cases handled
- Learn about e-filing
- Join judicial assistants for tips on scheduling hearings, filing notices, and communicating with judges
- Understand the implications of professionalism and ethics in practice…and more!
Starting Your Own Firm: the Nuts and Bolts
- Learn how to establish a successful solo practice
- Hear about the pros and cons of forming a partnership
- Learn about insurance needs, protecting assets, and trust accounting
- Find out about practice management resources and legal research in the digital age…and more!
Sponsors to date include: