New Lawyer Training Program
August 7 & 8, 2020 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
New Lawyer Training Program Details – Law school prepared you for the bar exam. The OCBA will prepare you to practice law!
Students receive membership to the OCBA. Everyone gets paired with a mentor!
Students attending Law School are eligible to apply for a full scholarship to attend the New Lawyer Training Program. If you are interested in applying please clicking here.
The Fundamentals of Practice in Orange County
In this dynamic, intensive two-day training program designed especially for young lawyers, participants will learn from the experts on how to navigate the court system and practice with professionalism and success in Orange County. Participants will meet key players in the offices of the Clerk of Courts, Public Defender, and State Attorney. In addition, they will meet the judges and ask questions of some of the most well-respected and successful lawyers in Central Florida. These practical sessions – and much more – will help new attorneys become professional, confident, and successful practitioners in Orange County and beyond.
Navigating the Courts in the Ninth Judicial Circuit
- Tour the Orange County Courthouse
- Learn about circuit civil, business, domestic and criminal courts and the types of cases handled
- Learn about e-filing
- Join judicial assistants for tips on scheduling hearings, filing notices, and communicating with judges
- Understand the implications of professionalism and ethics in practice…and more!
Starting Your Own Firm: the Nuts and Bolts
- Learn how to establish a successful solo practice
- Hear about the pros and cons of forming a partnership
- Learn about insurance needs, protecting assets, and trust accounting
- Find out about practice management resources and legal research in the digital age…and more!
Sponsors to date include: