Day 1 – Practicing in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Orange County Courthouse
- Welcome and Introduction to the Courthouse
- Tour of the Orange County Courthouse
- Judicial Assistant Panel Lunch and Learn: Hearing Scheduling, Notices, and Judicial Communications
- Best Practices of County Court / How It’s Different from Circuit Court
- Courtroom Etiquette
- Best Practices for Circuit Civil and Business Court
- Best Practices for Private Criminal Defense & Plea Bargaining
- Family Law Part I:
- Best Practices for Dissolution of Marriage & Domestic Violence Hearings
- Family Law Part II: Advanced Tips
Click here to view the 2022 Day 1 schedule and speakers.
Day 2 – Practicing Law: The Nuts and Bolts
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Orange County Bar Association Center
- About the Young Lawyers Section of the OCBA and OCBA Programs
- OCBA Mentoring Program Information
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility: Practical Tips to Avoid a Bar Grievance
- Tips for the Solo Practitioner
- The Ins and Outs of Mediation
- Marketing Your Law Firm
- Trust Accounting, Insurance and Banking
Click here to view the 2022 Day 2 schedule and speakers.
Scholarships Available for Law Students
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsor iWorkspaces, we will be offering a limited number of 100% scholarships for law students to attend our signature New Lawyer Training Program. Applications are due by July 7, 2023.
You will be contacted after July 7, 2023 with the status of your application for a scholarships.
OCBA Mentor Program
OCBA members are eligible to participate in the OCBA’s Mentoring Program at no additional cost! Student participants from Central Florida are also eligible to participate in the Young Lawyers Section Mentoring Program.
Please contact Ashley Velez at email@example.com with questions regarding the program.
Post expires at 2:49pm on Wednesday August 16th, 2023