The Challenges of Uncovering Medication Error-Related Malpractice – October 13, 2022 Sponsored by Haliczer Pettis & Schwamm
The Insurance Committee presents:
The Challenges of Uncovering Medication Error-Related Malpractice
Description: This one-hour CLE will discuss why medication-related errors are an issue, the types
of medication errors that can take place, with real-world examples and case studies, and what can be
done to uncover when a medication error malpractice case has occurred.
Overview of Medication Error Malpractice
- Why are they one of the most common types of medical malpractice cases in the U.S.?
- Why are they one of the more difficult types of cases to uncover?
Types of Medication Errors
- What is the Institute for Safe Medication Practices?
- The most common medication error scenarios they have reported.
How to Identify a Medication Error Malpractice Case
- The evidence to look for (ex. the electronic evidence trail).
- Successful medication error malpractice case studies.
- Review of FL Rule of Civil Procedure 1.310 (b)(6) regarding depositions
- The use of pharmacology v. pharmacokinetics experts
Location: OCBA Center
Program: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
CLE: 1.0 General Credit; Certification Credit: 1.0 Health Law
Speaker: Rick Allen and Richard Schwamm
Registration deadline: October 13, 2022
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact Stephanie Sadi at email@example.com or 407-422-4551 ext. 233.
***If you are an OCBA Member, please make sure you login to your account before registering for any events/seminars to receive your member discount if applicable***