Social Security & Public Benefits Major – February 20, 2019
The Elder Law Committee presents:
SOCIAL SECURITY & PUBLIC BENEFITS: PLANNING AND ADVOCACY
- Speakers will present what the SSA is looking for in disability determinations for public benefits such as SSI and SSDI.
- Speakers will present on what the process is to appeal an unfavorable decision made by the SSA and the important steps to know with the appeals process
- Speaker will present on the planning techniques used for SSI and Medicaid and highlight the clear and subtle planning differences in the rules respective to each benefit.
- Speaker will present on what the upcoming SECURE Act looks like as it comes through Congress and its effect on Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) including the tax consequences associated as well as what to expect for the future.
- Speaker will present on public benefit preservation with the use of Medicare Set-Aside accounts (MSAs) and the rules associated when a client is receiving settlement proceeds
Location: OCBA Center – 880 N. Orange Ave
Program: 10:00 am – 1:00pm
CLE Credit: 6.0 General
- Sarah Fay
- Richard A. Culbertson
- Steven E. Hitchcock
- Carla A. DeLoach
- Jason D. Lazarus
Registration deadline: February 18th 2020
If you have any questions or need help registering, please contact Stephanie Sadi at Stephanies@ocbanet.org or 407-422-4551 ext. 233.
***If you are an OCBA Member please make sure you login to your account before registering for any events/seminars to receive your member discount if applicable***